Saturday 22 August 2015

Welcome home

I missed a Black Stork in Dorset while on holiday but my adopted county was quick to reward me on my return with a Western Bonelli's Warbler in the garden of the Portland Bird Observatory this morning. I was just weighing up my options for the day when news broke so headed straight there and although the bird could go missing for a time and rarely sat in the open for long, it returned periodically to a favoured spot on the driveway where most of the pictures below were taken. I missed the Western Bonelli's on Portland last year by seconds, and that was the first in Dorset for 37 years. Good job I didn't have to wait that long for the next one, I might not have made it. Best efforts of the Bonelli's below, with the final photo of a Willow Warbler thrown in just for comparison.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment