Tuesday 2 June 2015

Better by bike

News of a White-Winged Black Tern at Swineham - our third in as many years - saw me hurtling down on the bike after work today to avoid the long walk down the private access road. I also calculated that I would need to go by bike to arrive before what is affectionately known locally as the 'Mitchell curse' could strike. Overtaking, among others, Mitchell and son on the way, I arrived just in time to see the tern before a Marsh Harrier flushed everything on the pits and it moved back out to the Wareham Channel before they arrived. Fortunately it came back after a tense wait, all those who I had overtaken saw it - and even the Mitchell curse was lifted.

 

1 comment:

  1. Better than my pics. I noticed on Dorset Birds that these photos were credited to Marcus. I've aged it as a 2nd-summer bird.

    ReplyDelete