Saturday 2 May 2015

A rare sighting on the patch

By which I mean me: I haven't been to Swineham for ages what with important business to attend to, being the perfect husband/father, and a tiny bit of twitching. The long weekend is providing a bit more breathing space than usual though so I headed down this morning. It was pretty quiet, predictably, but a few decent birds and photo ticks for the year were on offer.
Whimbrel at Swineham Point
2 birds were present
After recent events in Somerset, I thought I had better check for the all dark rump of Hudsonian Whimbrel - sadly, it wasn't to be
A single Bearded Tit pinging over the reedbed (#165)
First Blackbird fledgling of the year
Blackcap
Don't often see Sand Martin on the deck at Swineham
A few Swift were over the gravel pits (#166)
Sedge Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment