Saturday 12 April 2014

My jam jar overfloweth

A brief visit home between holidays sans famille on Wednesday meant I could indulge in a walk around Swineham and a Chinese takeaway. The first of these was pretty good, adding a drake Garganey and Black-necked Grebe to my patch list and the number of birds I've seen within walking distance of home - a rare double these days. Both birds had been found by Marcus at the weekend and while I was doubtful they would await my return, my run of jamming in appeared to be continuing. Still a few Wigeon, Teal, Shoveler and Tufties on the gravel pits, and after that it would have seemed wrong to have crispy duck for supper, so I eschewed it in favour of an untickable but palatable sweet and sour chicken. But after three consecutive posts based on jam, the jar had to run out eventually - and so it did today as I started a short holiday in Cornwall to hear that a pair of Black-winged Stilts were on the patch. Doh!
A Little Gull on the pits was the third good bird of the evening.
A terrible photo - but summer plumaged Black-necked Grebe is a glamour bird for Swineham so any picture will do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment