Wednesday 14 September 2011

Surf's up


Sabine's Gull (juvenile)
Having gone to see a Lapland Bunting at Abbotsbury after work on Monday, and two Buff-Breasted Sandpipers near White Nothe after work on Tuesday I was a bit concerned that if I went to Mudeford tonight the rest of the family might have a sense of humour failure. So I took them with me. The boys and their mum played on the beach while I photographed two juvenile Sabine's Gulls, a Little Gull and a Grey Phalarope in the surf just yards from the shore, and all in the same small patch of water. The tall trees behind Avon Beach were casting a long shadow and my lens was struggling with the low light so I headed further up the beach to a sunlit area in the direction where one of the Sabine's Gull's had headed. I was pleased to find it standing on the beach, allowing a close approach.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment